Careers at Mintz + Hoke
We're always looking for the next great member of our team, and we currently have positions open. We want to know about you, your interests and your accomplishments.
Senior Art Director
You have 5-7 years’ experience, give or take. You have a portfolio that elicits a few “oohs" and “ahs." You are a super-collaborator who works well with clients, writers, account people, media and development team members. And you can jump from a web site to a print ad to a banner to a brochure project. You love typography. You know your way around Adobe creative suite — InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. You have strong design chops, but you’d rather be selling than making something that just looks pretty. You’re a good teacher with some experience guiding younger creatives. You are kind, considerate and likable. Bonus: The ability to light and shoot still photography and/or shoot and edit video is a big plus.More information ∨
Job functions and responsibilities
- Work in a team of two or three with copywriters and development team members.
- Collaborate with account team.
- Create concepts – ideas that drive communications campaigns and programs – in partnership with copy and development team members.
- Create layouts and designs for a wide range of media both online and offline, such as advertising, collateral, web sites, email promotions, etc.
- Review input and research. Conduct research as needed.
- Present work internally and to clients, as needed.
- Defend your best ideas with passion and strong rationales.
- Complete other assignments as determined by CD.
- Participate in new business pitches and other special projects.
- Work with speed and accuracy under occasionally tight deadlines
- Adhere to the administrative guidelines in our employee handbook
What to bring to the interview
- A portfolio of your best work, showing the depth of your thinking, art direction skills, creative vision and original ideas.