Careers at Mintz + Hoke
We're always looking for the next great member of our team, and we currently have positions open. We want to know about you, your interests and your accomplishments.
Account Executives are responsible for the day-to-day activities of the agency’s work for the client.More information ∨
Core competencies, duties and responsibilities
Account Executives are responsible for the day-to-day activities of the agency’s work for the client.
The Account Executive position requires the ability to listen to clients’ needs and manage projects from start to finish, earning the confidence of and developing a strong rapport with, day-to-day client contacts.
- Develop and maintain active and productive working relationships with client contacts
- Earn and keep clients’ respect and confidence as someone they can trust to communicate information and relay ideas in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Develop a knowledge of, and be conversant in each client’s business – business model basics, industry and market changes, key issues and competitive situation
- Demonstrate a commitment to do whatever is required to get the job done right and with enthusiasm
- Anticipate, and proactively make Senior Management staff aware of any and all expectation issues
Staff Relationships and Support
The Account Executive’s critical role is the internal support of the client team.
- Understand the expectations of, and communicate effectively with, all agency team members
- Understand the functions and processes of all agency departments
- Effectively monitor the work of other agency departments against agreed upon timetables
- Demonstrate a commitment to the agency “team” as part of a positive mindset about the work, the client, and agency staff that is involved
- Establish rapport and trust with a range of staff members assigned to the same account(s) – seeking to communicate on a variety of levels, acknowledging the expectations of and on others, and being open to help in any way necessary
- Consistently demonstrate project leadership traits by being prepared and proactive, thorough and accurate
- Demonstrate unity behind team and agency decision-making always considering the client’s needs
- Effectively incorporate Senior Management staff as project objectives or issues warrant
- Oversee work assigned to Account Coordinator
The Account Executive position requires sound judgment and effective problem-solving skills.
- Be able to develop a range of options for client and agency staff in regard to workload, scheduling, trouble-shooting, support
- Display a willingness to embrace research and competitive information opportunities
- Articulate, and adhere to, agreed upon project directives and production guidelines
- Evaluate and provide a point of view on strategic, creative and media alternatives
- Make decisions that reflect a balance of enthusiasm, caution and discretion
The Account Executive is the primary project Executive on all client projects and thus must demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow.
- Effectively manage your time, establish clear objectives and day-to-day priorities for yourself in order to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Demonstrate an ability to manage details – attentive, accurate and thorough
- Display characteristics of a “self-starter” – able to anticipate needs and act without direction when required
- Provide effective and efficient use of agency resources and processes to insure projects are delivered as promised in terms of content, time and budget
- Maintain current client, agency and competitive files
- Identify, classify, categorize and be able to retrieve information as required by you or agency team members
- Deliver thorough, accurate and consistent work to clients and agency staff
The Account Executive is responsible for providing presentation support in the form of content development, presentation creation, preparation and delivery, as requested.
- Make certain agency facilities are prepared for client visits and all presentation materials/supplies are available and ready for the meeting
- Make certain presentation support materials are consistent and in line with the agency’s brand and quality expectations
The Account Executive must be able to write and speak with clarity, authority and persuasion. Specifically:
- Collect, analyze, organize and present an insightful point of view on client assignments or new opportunities
- Contribute to the development of project and/or annual client planning documents
- Be clear and concise in all written information to clients and staff
Adherence to Agency Processes
The Account Executive must consistently utilize agency tools and processes to make certain projects are on-time, on-budget and in support of the information needs of agency management.
- Prepare accurate and timely internal communications: conference reports, creative briefs, change orders, production schedules, media plan requests, media auths and estimates
- Prepare and review Creative Briefs with Creative Director and Director of Client Services, as appropriate
- Prepare weekly status reports for each client and distribute to staff and client
- Work with Project Manager, Accounting and Director of Client Services to prepare project estimates and upon approval upload into WebVantage
- With Accounting, monitor project estimates vs. time and cost accruals to advise of potential budget issues
- Assist with client budget management and reporting on each account. May include approval of monthly billing and income forecasts related to assigned accounts
- Enter your time on a weekly basis
- Follow all standard agency policies and procedures
The agency’s annual evaluation of your progress and performance will be based on the specific expectations outlined above. At that time, we will discuss performance observations and perceptions, review opportunities for improvement and growth while providing overall feedback.
Digital Strategy Architect
Reports To: Director of Digital Technology Position Summary: The Digital Strategy Architect plans and implements digital solutions to achieve client objectives in collaboration with account, PR, creative and development team members.More information ∨
- Review and understand communications objectives, business requirements, technology specifications and performance measurement plans – and use these considerations to drive decision-making throughout projects
- Lead user experience design exercises including sitemap and wireframe working sessions, collaborating with creative team using a mobile first approach
- Incorporate customer insights, user-centered design principles and appropriate industry trends throughout the creative process
- Vet creative ideas for technical feasibility and make recommendations that streamline the technical solution needed in terms of page load time and development hours expected
- Present data, insights and analysis in support of digital strategy recommendations to get buy-in from internal team and client
- Partner with Digital Technology Lead to establish technical approach for project and document detailed functionality specifications that are followed by developers during implementation
- Ensure all team members understand and agree on functionality specifications so that design, content and development deliverables are compatible with one another
- Write quality assurance test plans and oversee execution of testing
- Demonstrate a commitment to do whatever is required to get the job done right and with enthusiasm
- Serve as consult to traffic team on project schedule and estimate development and monitors change orders and internal decisions for impact to project schedule and budget
- Serve as alternate digital team lead and business development resource in Director’s absence
- Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, computer science, web design or related field
- 4-6 years of experience in digital marketing or related field
- Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking and experience design principles to problem solve with different types of clients, platforms and challenges
- Excellent understanding of mobile-first design, analytics, SEO and accessibility fundamentals
- Proficient in Axure or other software to create sitemap and wireframe deliverables
- Experience using WordPress, Umbraco or other mainstream CMS
- Working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and JS frameworks preferred
- Capacity to foster trust and respect from clients and agency leadership
- Ability to collaborate on a daily basis with account, creative and development team members
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Other tasks as required
Account Supervisors are responsible for overall agency service and activities on one or more accounts. General (daily) supervision of client team personnel. Top (senior) level client contact. Builds strong/lasting client relationships based on progress in achieving clients’ marketing objectives with efficiency resulting in profit for the agency.More information ∨
Duties or Responsibilities:
- Conducts regular meetings with client team members to discuss opportunities, challenges and work in progress.
- Determines campaign/project requirements and other agency resources necessary to assure a high level of service to clients as well as profitability to the agency.
- Fosters an integrated, team-oriented environment bringing together all agency resources as needed on assignments—including senior management, where appropriate, for planning purposes.
- Supervise, train and motivate client team personnel to assure a high level of performance on behalf of clients.
- Evaluate performance and skill level of client team personnel and recommend staffing changes necessary to support client needs.
- Initiate and participate in all new communications strategic planning prior to campaign/project kick-off with adherence to agency strategic principles.
- Manage monthly client financials/budgets and periodically review each account’s profitability with Director of Client Services.
- Participates in and contributes to new business activities of the agency wherever appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Take the leadership role in strategic development of marketing plans and proposals to grow the clients’ business as well as generate incremental billings and income.
- Participate in all client presentations and make other contacts which will strengthen the agency/client relationships.
- Foster close communications with the clients’ management to encourage open lines of communication relating to compensation, agency performance, personnel, etc.
- Establish campaign performance plans for all projects/plans and work with account team to monitor performance.
- Insure the agency is adequately compensated for the services rendered.
Measures of Accountability:
- Financial reports on assigned accounts show satisfactory levels of growth according to forecast/projections and profitability.
- Client companies are making satisfactory progress toward achievement of their marketing objectives and they credit the agency for its contributions.
- Push the boundaries on the work produced for clients by all departments.
The Digital Coordinator is involved with the creation of web applications, display advertising and email marketing programs as part of integrated marketing campaigns. This role helps ensure all digital projects within the agency run smoothly through cross-team communication, organization of project assets and quality assurance testing.More information ∨
- Executes quality assurance testing for digital solutions to ensure proper functionality and rendering
- Works within content management systems to populate and manage content for client websites
- Assists with client training on CMS platforms
- Assists with documentation of website requirements and functionality specifications
- Coordinates the collection, organization and distribution of content assets to the development team to streamline projects
- Ensures proper Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics setup with goal and event tracking
- Researches new technologies and digital pursuits
- Becomes a trusted “point” or “go-to” person with internal teams – this means learning the details of each digital project, gaining trust from team and feeling confident to take initiative
- Demonstrates a commitment to do whatever is required to get the job done right and with enthusiasm
- Anticipates team needs and offers to help before being asked
- Delivers work on or before client and internal deadlines
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, digital media, computer science or a related field
- Ambition for a successful career in digital marketing – whether that be as a project manager, user experience architect, web developer or otherwise
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail – ability to coordinate numerous moving pieces associated with multiple projects
- Communicates effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure, while keeping team in the loop
- Works collaboratively in a team environment
- Comfortable with modern digital environment including web browsers, mobile devices, social media, search engines, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office