Careers at Mintz + Hoke
We're always looking for the next great member of our team, and we currently have positions open. We want to know about you, your interests and your accomplishments.
Mintz + Hoke Copywriters are not just wordsmiths, they’re strategy mavens. They develop ideas. They think visually as well as verbally. They solve problems and see beyond the project (yet work within scope). You’ll work with colleagues and clients who’ll challenge you. And collaborate with you. You’ll work in all forms of media and communications channels from print and broadcast advertising to brochures and sales support to websites and online ads. You’ll also have the opportunity to manage other creative people and help keep the workflow flowing. If you are a great contributor as well as a good teacher, this position could be your dream job.More information ∨
Duties + Responsibilities:
- Creates ideas that drive communications campaigns and programs – in partnership with CD, Senior Art directors, Art Directors, Developers and other team members.
- Ensures the quality of the concept and the work produced in collaboration with CD, Senior Art Directors, Art Directors, and other team members.
- Works closely with upper management to identify and suggest solutions on how to improve departmental and team morale.
- Assists in management of training and development for creative team.
- Write for all forms of media, online and offline, like advertising, collateral, websites, email promotions, etc.
- Acts as mentor to junior creatives on ideas, processes and output.
- Writes short-form and long-form.
- Reviews input and research. Conducts own research as needed.
- Edits clients’ copy as needed.
- Complies with all administrative guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills + Abilities:
- Exceptional communication skills within the agency team and with clients.
- Ability to lead a team and mentor junior team members.
- Proactive thinking.
- Ability to direct and enhance the efforts of a creative team.
- Ability to apply conceptual strategy, brainstorm facilitation, day-to-day directing of a project to completion.
- Ability to be a team player alongside account managers, production, and digital team members.
- Ability to produce cutting edge, creative, and exceptional copywriting.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
Qualifications + what to bring to the interview:
- 7+ Years of copywriting experience.
- Experience providing leadership and direction across disciplines and channels.
- Show us a portfolio of concepts you created and copy you’ve written.
- Show us ads as well as other kinds of communications you’ve written.
- Tell us about the results of campaigns you helped create.
Senior Art Director
You have 5-7 years’ experience, give or take. You have a portfolio that elicits a few “oohs" and “ahs." You are a super-collaborator who works well with clients, writers, account people, media and development team members. And you can jump from a web site to a print ad to a banner to a brochure project. You love typography. You know your way around Adobe creative suite — InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. You have strong design chops, but you’d rather be selling than making something that just looks pretty. You’re a good teacher with some experience guiding younger creatives. You are kind, considerate and likable. Bonus: The ability to light and shoot still photography and/or shoot and edit video is a big plus.More information ∨
Job functions and responsibilities
- Work in a team of two or three with copywriters and development team members.
- Collaborate with account team.
- Create concepts – ideas that drive communications campaigns and programs – in partnership with copy and development team members.
- Create layouts and designs for a wide range of media both online and offline, such as advertising, collateral, web sites, email promotions, etc.
- Review input and research. Conduct research as needed.
- Present work internally and to clients, as needed.
- Defend your best ideas with passion and strong rationales.
- Complete other assignments as determined by CD.
- Participate in new business pitches and other special projects.
- Work with speed and accuracy under occasionally tight deadlines
- Adhere to the administrative guidelines in our employee handbook
What to bring to the interview
- A portfolio of your best work, showing the depth of your thinking, art direction skills, creative vision and original ideas.